Restaurant: Dragon Ball Tea House
Cuisine: Bubble Tea/Chinese
Last visited: February 21, 2010
Range: $10 or less
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very good 5: Excellent 6: Tres Excellent!!
Service: 3 (well it’s pay at cashier and they go as fast as they can)
- Located at major intersection, but neighborhood area
- Famous for bubble tea
- One of the most popular places for bubble tea
- Attracts locals everywhere
- Family owned and operated
- Small operation
- Stamp card available
- Line-ups during peak hours (late night/after dinner)
- Fresh fruit flavours
- Seats 15 or so (very limited)
- About 4 hot rice dishes available (with fried egg style)
- Pay at cashier
- Great price
- Very casual/hole in the wall-ish
- Some small snack available: Pocky, instant noodles
- Open late
- Couple parking spaces in the back
- Pre-order/pick-up service available
- Opens daily at 1:30pm
**Recommendation: Japanese Green Tea Ice Cream, Supreme Milk Tea, and any of their fresh fruit series – I like blueberry
Next to Pearl Castle Bubble Tea and Peanuts this is also one of the most popular places for locals to get their bubble tea. Everyone loves Dragon Ball Tea House and it has been here for ages! At least 8 years I’d say…maybe even 10? It JUST got a make-over and it used to look even more hole-in-the wall-ish. It’s has very limited seating and it’s super casual and unpretentious. I’d even call it more of a to-go place. I’ve been coming here fore years and it’s my top bubble tea choice in the
Unlike many other bubble tea places, Dragon Ball Tea House really focuses on just bubble tea. They do offer maybe 3-4 hot dishes (which I’ve never seen anyone order) but they really focus on just bubble tea. They do a great job and they have steady traffic and pretty long lines and waits during busy hours…which is usually late at night or after dinner hours.
I’ve tried a lot of flavours here, but I always go back to the recommendations above. You can get drinks sweet/half-sweet/non-sweet/hot/slush/combination of flavours/mixed fruit etc. Almost everything can be customized, but they just don’t advertise it. Everything tastes like it’s made with ice cream here. The fresh fruit flavours are like smoothies. I haven’t had one bad drink. Even the tapioca pearls are great. Besides tapioca pearls they have coconut jelly, grass jelly and I think maybe mango stars as options.
On the table:
Pudding Slush Bubble Tea 4/6
- $4.00 + $.50 with tapioca pearls - $4.50
- This was my first time ordering pudding slush. Again it was like ice cream, they do a good job, however the best pudding slush bubble tea is still at Tri-ty.
- This was very good, but I wasn’t a fan of the pudding pieces at the bottom. That’s how it’s supposed to be served though, but I just didn’t like them that much. They’re jello like and not that flavourful for me…so I found it more distracting.
- The drink part is a sweeter drink and it tastes like vanilla pudding, but in slushy form.
- The pearls are great. Nice and chewy and cooked perfectly. They give you lots too!
- The drinks are pretty big and filling, but they’re delicious!