Restaurant: 8 Juice
Last visited: March 6, 2010
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very good 5: Excellent 6: Tres Excellent!!
Food: 2.5 (Based on their #1 drink only)
Ambiance: n/a – in a food court
- Healthy desserts/drinks
- Fresh fruit
- Made upon order
- Specializes in drinks only
- Fresh fruit juices
- Milkshake/yogurt drinks
- Cash only
- Asian Jugo Juice
**Recommendation: n/a – but if you’re going to go get the #1 house special – Mango + coconut milk + tapioca + pomelo drink
This is basically the Chinese version of Jugo Juice. 8 Juice is located in the
This is pretty much one of the only places in
After Twittering about the mango, coconut and sago drink the last couple days I had a major craving and decided to check this place out. The guy was really nice, but unfortunately my craving is not satisfied and I don’t think it can be because I don’t know anywhere else that serves it.
On the table:
Mango, Coconut Milk, Tapioca and Pomelo Drink 2.5/6
- It’s the “No 1 House Specialty”
- Compared to Hui Lau Shan in
Hong Kongit is not good
- It was really watered down, frothey, but almost bland. I couldn’t taste much mango or coconut milk and it was a major 'save money' move.
- The mango juice has a very light mango flavour and they blend it with 2% milk and a touch of coconut milk which I couldn’t taste at all.
- There were small bits of mango in the drink, not a lot though. Some of the mango was hairy though….pieces that were too close to the seed.
- There was even less pomelo. The pomelo is very shredded into each sliver or ‘pocket’ so you have individual “strands” of it. Pomelo is basically an Asian grapefruit. It’s sweeter and not bitter though. It’s quite neutral in flavour.
- It’s a drink that you need to chew with all the fruit and tapioca. However the tapioca is so small you just end up swallowing them unlike the bigger black tapioca pearls.