Restaurant: Capstone Tea & Fondue
Cuisine: Dessert/Bubble Tea
Last visited: December 3, 09
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very good 5: Excellent 6: Tres Excellent!!
- Specializes in bubble tea and fondue
- Classic/herbal/bubble teas
- Chocolate fondue & cheese fondue available
- Large selection of drinks, large menu
- Real fruit drinks
- Real milk, not powdered
- Brightly lit
- Good for groups
- Attracts young Asian couples/groups (ages 17-25)
- Minimum charge $4.45/person
- Accepts Visa
**Recommendation: Chocolate fondue in a pot, Dipping Ice-Cream Chocolate Fondue
This is an experimental post. I'm trying something new so your comments and feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
It was never my intentions to make a visual blog entry...but my friend was taking pictures of me eating so I'm just testing the idea. So rather than writing out what I thought of the food, I’m going to post pictures so you can observe for yourself. You’ll be able to tell by my facial expressions if it was enjoyable or not.
Of course I will include some descriptions and details…that’s the foodie in me, I can’t rely on photos alone to describe the food and experience.
On the table:
- Dipping Ice Cream Chocolate Fondue w/side fruits 6/6
- Served with 20 assorted ice cream balls and dark chocolate $19.95
- Flavours include: Strawberry, Mango, Green tea, Cookies & Cream
- Side order of fresh fruits: strawberries, bananas, apples, mandarins, pineapples, grapes
- The verdict...
- Okay these ice cream balls is the BEST thing here. I LOVE those! There these mini ice cream balls made with extremely frozen ice cream and you dip them into the fondue pot. It’s almost like a Purdy’s ice cream bar and the chocolate just hardens before you eyes. It’s so good!
- The brand of ice cream can always get better and the chocolate fondue can always be a more expensive brand of chocolate…but for what it is, what they serve does the job fine. I have no problem.
- You can get additional toppings ($1.45/topping) like coconut, walnuts, almonds, sprinkles etc With toppings this would have been even better!....Next time…there’s always next time…
- Matcha Bubble Tea Slush 5/6
- I really liked this, but it’s because it’s not too sweet as a lot of other places. I’m in a Matcha slush phase right now so I’m always ordering it to see the difference. They use real milk rather than powdered milk and you can tell. They don’t use as much Matcha powder as
, but you can still taste it. It is quite light though. Pearl Castle
- It really is a personal thing for why I gave it 5/6. I think they use less sugar, so it’s really refreshing and it worked perfectly with the sweet fondue. I wouldn’t want something sweeter than the chocolate fondue.
- The pearls are nice and chewy and not too soft.