Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentine's Day 09 - 15 Course Dinner


A LOVE AFFAIR WITH FOOD…


Happy Belated Valentine’s Day! (This is the post for Sunday Feb. 21 and Monday Feb. 22, 2010...couldn't "waste" it on one day...took a long time to make ;))


I didn’t do anything really special on Follow Me Foodie for Valentine’s Day so I’m doing it now.

As you know, my best friend and I really enjoy cooking and baking…well if you didn’t know, not you know. (It really pays off to be friends with us! ;)) This is the same friend I made 3 kinds of crab cakes with for our Christmas dinner – See my post for My Holiday Dinners and Feasts.


Anyways on Valentine’s Day last year we got together and made a 15 course dinner…for the 2 of us. Yay! Fun right?! It was! And we ate it all. I wanted to do an appetizer thing so I suggested that we make 3 appetizers each…except I went overboard and couldn’t stop and ended up making 12 appetizers. Well we actually had 12 savoury and 3 dessert courses which came to 15 courses in total.


So here’s a sneak preview of what happened last year.


Added note: Sorry, but I have no recipes for anything...(well might have an idea by memory, and I'm not sure what her recipes are) but I like to cook and so does she but we're not chefs (she could be!)...we just really really like food and I like to go with the flow :)




15 Course Dinner Menu

1) Deep Fried Mac n' Cheese Balls with Pomegranate Salsa - by SC
2) Coconut and Panko Crusted Prawns with Sweet Chili Sauce - by SC
3) Chilled Strawberry and Cardamom Soup (palette cleanser) - by SC
4) Baked Creamy Crab and Artichoke Dip with Pine Nuts - by SC
5) Red Beet with Feta, Almonds and Balsamic Reduction - by Me
6) Red Beet with Honey Glazed Pears, Cranberry & Pink Peppercorns - by Me
7) Sicilian Salad - Pasta shells, sun dried tomatoes, basil & lemon caper dressing - by Me
8) Caramelized Onions, Sesame Pork, Garlic Spinach and Candied Walnuts on Baguette - by Me
9) Creamy Chicken Ragout topped on Yam and Sweet Potato Cake - by Me
10) Sweet Potato, Yam & Snap Peas with Caramelized Onions and Sweet Chili Balsamic Glaze - by Me
11) Edamame Pesto Rotini - by Me
12) Lemon Orzo with Feta, Spinach, Almonds & Cranberries - by Me

Desserts
13) Homemade White Chocolate & Cranberry Cookies with Espresso Ice Cream - by SC
14) Baked Pumpkin with Pumpkin Seed Cookie, Caramel, Vanilla Ice Cream & Pecans - by Me
15) Half Baked Chocolate Brownie with Red Beet Compote & Vanilla Ice Cream - by Me

A few highlights...

Deep Fried Mac n' Cheese Balls with Pomegranate Salsa - by SC

Coconut and Panko Crusted Prawns with Sweet Chili Sauce - by SC


Chilled Strawberry and Cardamom Soup (palette cleanser) - by SC

Baked Creamy Crab and Artichoke Dip with Pine Nuts - by SC

Red Beet with Feta, Almonds and Balsamic Reduction - by Me

Red Beet with Honey Glazed Pears, Cranberry & Pink Peppercorns - by Me

Caramelized Onions, Sesame Pork, Garlic Spinach and Candied Walnuts on Baguette - by Me

Creamy Chicken Ragout topped on Yam and Sweet Potato Cake - by Me

Dessert 1 - Homemade White Chocolate & Cranberry Cookies with Espresso Ice Cream - by SC

Dessert 2 - Baked Pumpkin with Pumpkin Seed Cookie, Caramel, Vanilla Ice Cream & Pecans - by Me

Dessert 3 - Half Baked Chocolate Brownie with Red Beet Compote & Vanilla Ice Cream - by Me

7 comments:

  1. You need to be on the Iron Chef !

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol aawww thank you for thinking that!!..do they have room for an amateur?! I'd get sent home immediately lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mj you are insane! I can't believe you made a 15 course dinner for two people! I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louise: hhaha Lou!!!! You're here!!!! I would make it for you too!! So come visit me!


    Swallow Tail: Thank you!! Some things were last minute combos and I was experimenting quite a bit, but they worked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unbelievable! Everything looks so good! And I love all the cool plates you have. That's it, I'm moving in! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol thanks!!! I was winging the plating, but simple white plates makes everything looks pretty good.

    Vancouver is really waiting for you!! should have come down for olympics!! But there are tons of line-ups for restaurants.

    ReplyDelete