Saturday, September 26, 2009

Blueberry Coffee Cake with Walnut Streusel Topping


Muffin tops!!


They're huge!!

I loaded the streusel topping with walnuts, brown sugar and butter...and a little salt to bring out flavour. How can you go wrong with those ingredients?


As you can tell I really load up on the good stuff. I loaded the batter with tons of blueberries as well ;)

Item: Blueberry Coffee Cake with Walnut Streusel Topping

1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very good 5: Excellent 6: Tres Excellent!!

Blueberry Coffee Cake with Walnut streusel topping 4/6

Ok I made this coffee cake into 6 mini bundt cakes - I took a regular coffee cake recipe and added TONS of blueberries to the batter last minute. Fold them gently into the batter. I really filled the pans to the top because I LOVE muffin tops - the only time I like muffin tops. Anyways instead of a regular streusel topping I added walnuts to the brown sugar and butter mixture to make it extra crispy and flavourful. I packed on the streusel topping! I made these coffee cakes into decadent treats that were nice and filling. They were also HUGE as you can tell by the pictures. I love it!

Tips: Blend your ingredients really really well when you're making a coffee cake - makes a huge difference. Make sure your butter is left out at room temperature before you use it. Cream the butter and sugar together with a blender for a long time until it becomes pale yellow and fluffy. These few methods will make for a great coffee cake that has almost a pound cake texture. It looks like a giant muffin, but is the texture of cake! Delicious! Doesn't hurt to LOAD it with streusel topping too - I can't guarantee you won't get a muffin top after eating these though =p

Enjoy! I did!

2 comments: