Restaurant: Tim's Dessert House - Review on eggballs
Last visited: Oct. 17, 09
Area: Richmond, BC
Unit 3250 4151 Hazelbridge Way
Price Range: $10 or less
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very good 5: Excellent 6: Tres Excellent!!
Food: 2 (Just on eggballs)
- Family owned and operated
- Specializes in traditional Chinese egg batter desserts
- Fresh, made upon order homemade desserts
- Relatively healthy dessert - very light not as much sugar
- Eat as dessert or snack
- Gift boxes available
- Cash only
** Recommendation: n/a
I'm obsessed with trying to find the best eggballs in town. My next stop - Tim's Dessert House. It's easy to find in the Aberdeen food court, but the location is the only thing it has going. Looks better than it tastes.
On the table:
- Chinese Eggballs 2/6
- This is the Chinese version of a waffle. It's made of flour, eggs, milk and sugar. They put it in a special eggball waffle maker and it comes out like the above.
- For a further description of the Chinese eggball dessert
- At Tim's they use too much flour in the egg batter so their eggballs come out too dense and kind of hard. The ones at Your Dessert are better.
- The trick is to pour the perfect amount of batter into the waffle maker. They pour too much batter so they're unable to create that crispy exterior that makes eggballs so good. It's not airy and light.
- The flavour of the batter is ok, but the dense texture was distracting for me.
- Yes it is made fresh and upon order, but it doesn't matter when the batter/cooking technique isn't right.
- They also sell the eggrolls, but I haven't tried them or seen them making it fresh. They could though, I just haven't seen it.